Fertility acupuncture involves the use of ultra-thin, sterile needles, inserted into specific acupuncture points (channels or meridians) in order to regulate the way the body functions. It has been used to boost fertility in china for thousands of years and can help women who are trying to conceive, or undergoing assisted conception (IVF).
Difficulty getting pregnant can be put down to a number of factors such as stress, irregular hormone levels and disrupted menstrual cycles. Acupuncture helps by identifying and correcting underlying health problems that could be contributing to difficulty conceiving.
It works by:
- increasing blood flow to the uterus, thus thickening the uterine lining, and improving chances of ovum implantation
- reducing levels of stress hormones such as cortisol, which decrease fertility
- normalising systems that regulate ovulation – particularly in PCOS sufferers
- Improving ovarian function to produce higher quality eggs
- Regulating hormones to produce more follicles
- Regulating the menstrual cycle
- Decreasing the possibility of miscarriage
- In men, increasing sperm quality (volume, count, motility, morphology)
When can I start treatment?
As a process-oriented method of medical intervention, you can not over treat with acupuncture. The average course of treatment lasts for three to four months before a patient progresses to insemination, IVF or donor-egg transfer.
We are currently offering FREE fertility acupuncture consultations worth £80. Give us a call if you’d like to book an appointment.
For more information, call your local clinic on the number below.
Leeds : 0113 345 5060
Manchester : 0161 828 6604
London, Canary Wharf Clinic; (Canada Place Shopping Mall): 0203 197 9100
London, Canary Wharf Clinic; (@LycaHealth, 1 Westferry Circus): 0203 197 9100
Leeds Park Sq
Lower Ground Floor
29 Park Square West
Leeds LS1 2PQ
Leeds Wellington Pl
6 Wellington Place
Manchester King St,
(Pall Mall Medical)
61 King Street
London, Canary Wharf
(Canada Place Shopping Mall)
34 North Colonnade
London E14 5HX
London, Canary Wharf
(@LycaHealth, 1 Westferry Circus)
1 West Ferry Circus