When recovering from an injury or dealing with back pain, the healthier you are, the quicker healing occurs. At Freedom Clinics, we do everything we can to fix our patients and get them back to health as swiftly as possible, but there are many things you can do to help yourself get better quicker.
Here are 15 tips to help speed up the healing process and get you back on your feet quicker:
1) Keep your appointments and arrive on time. Each visit builds on the one before it.
2) Wear comfortable and loose clothing – we want you to feel comfortable while you are being adjusted.
3) Drink plenty of water. Dehydration causes muscle and joint stiffness and soreness.
4) Strive for your ideal weight.
5) Eat whole foods and reduce fat and refined sugar in your diet.
6) Take Omega-3 Oil (fish oil or flax oil). It reduces inflammation.
7) Reduce your alcohol consumption.
8) Get a good night’s sleep.
9) De-stress and de-clutter your life.
10) Get regular exercise and stretch eg. Yoga or Pilates.
11) Take a 10 minute walk after each adjustment.
12) If you smoke or have other bad habits – stop now!
13) Ask questions throughout your care plan, the more you know, the better you will understand the nature of the treatment and its progress.
14) Make these healthy changes slowly. Health is a process not a single event. Don’t overwhelm yourself.
15) Remain positive and hopeful.
For more information on the types of pain and injuries we can treat at Freedom Clinics, or advice on any particular concerns you have, call 0844 327 4000 or email email@example.com.
We also provide free consultations with our expert practitioners – click here to book.